University of Leeds
* Greatly enjoyed working with ex-offenders, solicitors, probation workers, and an array of other service providers as a Link-worker at West Community Chaplaincy Project (WYCCP)
* Proven pursuasive skills whilst street selling subscriptions for Financial Times
* Responsible for ushering solicitors into Court and ensuring they meet their deadlines as a Court Clerk
* After a few months of working on the sales team for Financial Times I was given the responsibility of leading the team.
* Spent 3 years as bar supervisor of the o2 Academy Leeds, and was asked to give presentations to the venue on leadership and help with recruitment and training of new members
* Asked to chair fortnightly peer support meetings for 'WYCCP'
* Achieved a First Class degree in Sociology whilst working part-time (o2 Bar Supervisor) and volunteering (RAG events co-ordinator)
* Balanced a varied role to tight deadlines as a Court Clerk
* After graduation, to build up my skills in resettlement, I managed two part-time jobs (evenings at o2) and (weekends at Financial Times) to fund voluntary work for WYCCP and Lifeline during the week
Initiative / Creativity:
* Set up a pilot project in Leeds for Financial Times that allowed us to expand at a time when numbers in London were dwindling.
* Arranged hitchikes from Leeds to Croatia and Edinburgh for friends when we had no money to travel
* Set up Radio interview for WYCCP to promote new volunteers
* Designed, organised and promoted events for both JCR and RAG fundraising
|Experienced In||Catering, Costumed Characters, Event Management, Field Marketing Management, Flyering, Hospitality, Market Survey Participant, Mystery Shopping, Presenting, Reception, Sales, Sampling, Secretarial|
|Interested In||Catering, Costumed Characters, Event Management, Exhibitions, Field Marketing Management, Flyering, Hospitality, Market Survey Participant, Presenting, Public Relations, Sales, Sampling, Secretarial|
|Registered Self Employed||No|